Foreigners wishing to adopt an Indonesian child are required to be administered by a government-appointed child care foundation.
All prospective parents must conform to the following requirements:
- Age limit 25-45 years old; with the husband aged maximum 45 and wife aged maximum 40 years; married for at least 5 years;
- Residency and permanent occupation in Indonesia for a minimum of 2 years with a permit issued by the local regent and from the concerned Embassy in Jakarta;
- Childless couples or those who already have a child or who have adopted an Indonesian child;
- Belief in God;
- Both parents must appear in court.
- Letter of approval for adopting an Indonesian child from the concerned Embassy;
- Marriage certificate;
- Birth certificates of both parents;
- Birth certificate of the previous child (if applicable);
- References from close relatives from both sides;
- Health statement by a medical practitioner in Indonesia for adopting parents and from a gynecologist regarding involuntary childlessness from a government hospital;
- Income statement;
- Statement of good conduct of parents issued by the police;
- Passport sized photos of both parents;
- Statement from the adoptive parents that they will contact the Indonesian Embassy in future area(s) of residence (sealed statement);
- Motivation for adoption by adoptive parents (sealed statement);
- Statement of domicile from the concerned Embassy in Jakarta and from the local regent (RT/RW/Lurah/Camat Office);
- Photocopies of passports and KITAS from adoptive parents;
- Statement of guarantee from the concerned Embassy that the adoptee will be allowed to enter the country of future residence, and that under the legislation an adopted child becomes a child of the adopters as if the child had been born to them.
- Documents No. 2-5 must be authenticated by the Indonesian Embassy of the country of origin.
- For court purposes, translation of all documents in English must be done by a sworn/ certified translator.
- Any cost shall be borne by the adopting parents.
- In Jakarta, adoption shall be administered by Yayasan Sayap Ibu, a foundation appointed by the Government of Indonesia.
For more information, please contact:
Yayasan Sayap Ibu
Jalan Barito II no 55
Telephone: +62 -21-722 1763 / 726 6317